Friday, January 27, 2012

Typical Friday, and not

Today was a good day.  Today I finally felt like I was getting more organized for the new year, although I have been back from my vacation since like, January 10 (?).  Why do I feel like I have been lurching into the future at top speed without any control?

Finally today, I did some more long-range planning.  I especially examined some possible Continuing Ed opportunities throughout 2012.  Here are a few that I might attend:


Red, Green or Christmas? Phyllis Tickle speaks in Albuquerque at Covenant Presbyterian Church February 6
Mountain States Wee Kirk Conference; May 22-24 in Albuquerque - some interesting-looking seminars available for small church ministries (laypeople might benefit from this!)
"Preaching, Teaching & Living Justice...in an often unjust Society" with the Rev. Dr. J. Herbert Nelson at Ghost Ranch 7/30-8/5, part of the Kaleidescope Biblical Preaching series
Bold Word 2012 - an affiliation of the Society for Pastoral Excellence and Austin Presbyterian Theological Seminary has set up this event with presentations, etc. from some fantastic pastoral leaders, dynamic preachers, who also happen to be special people from my seminary days.  That's 10/9-10/12.


I still haven't figured out the whole thing, but these should be the big education opportunities to plan my life around.  I am kind of excited about the ideas of going on some trips and getting out, meeting folks.  I look forward to "gleaning" whatever I can from these programs.  If you're going to one of these, please drop me a line and we can meet up for coffee or something.

No comments: